Saturday, June 25, 2005

Dear Diary: July 25, 2005


… The neat thing is that the trail I took (Ottawa River Parkway leading to Orléans) was the trail I took 3-4 years ago with the two people from Randonnée Aventure, when we cycled from Ottawa to Montreal.

So I decided to make the trip again for a couple of reasons. First of all, I need to bring my bike back to Montreal and I don’t want to pay the $40 fee to box it on the bus. And second, waypoint LE-6 is on the way. In terms of tracing the Path Map, I need to do the route in order to “connect the dots”. This way I can incorporate the Ottawa trails. Though I have been berating myself for not working very much this summer (on my thesis, on Tongue Rug) things have taken a turn.

… Now that I have the G5, I can actually open very large Photoshop files. So I believe it is now possible to make a to-scale map of Quebec, and have all my paths (in proportions) in the same document. Making the Path Map seems doable now.

Also, I went to the National Gallery on Saturday to see the Renaissance exhibition [Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo and the Renaissance in Florence]. I wasn’t that taken by the show safe for a few gems, but in the permanent collection I found much inspiration. I realized (after seeing some gorgeous plans by Dennis Oppenheim) that the reason the T.R. documentation was stalled was because I was trying to do everything on the computer. I need to get back into drawing, sketches, collage, bricolage. And to do this, I need space.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment