Monday, November 22, 2010

Progress: November 22, 2010


Made Flash versions of each waypoint. I'm happy with the result. It gives a sense of place, but still retains the hand-stitched feel of each panorama.

A-3 LE-3 A-9 PA-1
LA-6 LE-9 A-11 A-13
A-10 A-2 LA-4 LE-1
LE-8 LE-10 LE-6 LA-5
LA-3      

I really enjoy this way of working — piecemeal, small steps, trial and error. The modular aspect of the blogging medium, where I am assembling content as it comes, really matches my work process. That is, I was able to concentrate on amassing material during the fieldwork phase of the project: photos, paths, tongues, stories. As the template was readymade, I could focus on content rather than make stylistic choices in the initial stages. Of course, the act of working with a fluid, mutable interface influenced the process. It was only a matter of time before the themes would emerge in the sladdakavring. The tags/tongues, augmenting in number, shaped the tongue rug/blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment